Baffle may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. So you should check back as necessary. This policy is effective November 1st, 2017.
Information we may collect
We may collect the following information when you register on our site, fill out a form, purchase a product or service, or send us an email:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postal or ZIP code, preferences and interests
- Other information as identified in fillable forms in the Contact page of our website
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- The header data, subject line, and other contents of any email that you send us
It should be noted that you may visit most areas of our website anonymously. Submitting information is voluntary.
How we use your Information
By providing Baffle your email address including by “following,” “liking,” adding the Baffle logo, linking your account to the Baffle website, etc., on a third party website or network you consent to our using the email address to send you company-related or product-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. You also agree that we may send you notifications of activity on the company or product to the email address you give us, in accordance with any applicable privacy settings. We may use your email address to send you other messages, such as newsletters, changes to features of the product, or special offers. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you may opt out by emailing [email protected]. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers. You may not opt out of e-mails related to critical updates and fixes of the product.
We obtain this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular:
- We may use the information for internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve or assist our products and services, or to improve our website.
- We may use the information to improve or assist our customer service, or to process transactions.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information, which we think you may find interesting using the email address, which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests or personalize your online experience; your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- We may use the information to verify that you are within a geographic region that we serve, or for export control verification.
- We may use the information to determine whether you are eligible to receive certain information that we release only on a selective basis, or that we consider confidential.
Controlling your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at [email protected].
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, performing legal, accounting or audit functions, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may release your information when we believe that release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect rights (of us or others) with respect to property, intellectual property, or safety. We may provide aggregated or non-personally identifiable information to others for marketing, advertising or other uses. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties, which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. For example, our physical premises and the data centers with our computers are equipped with physical and technological security measures that meet reasonable industry standards.
A cookie is a small file, which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information, which you provide while visiting such sites and this privacy statement does not govern such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.